The fields of cyber-security
Maintain and upgrade strategies include layers of protection against cybercrime, such as attempts to obtain access to, alter, or delete data; extort money from customers or the company; and disrupt regular business activities. As a result of the countermeasures,
- Computer systems, networks, and other assets that society depends on for national security, economic health, and/or public safety are considered critical infrastructure. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have both developed cybersecurity frameworks to assist enterprises in this area.
- This includes both wired and wireless (Wi-Fi) security procedures, which are used to secure a computer network.
- Application security is concerned with safeguarding both on-premises and cloud-based applications. Data handling, user authentication, and other aspects of security should be included in programs from the outset.
- It’s important to have cloud security that encrypts data while it’s in transit, at rest, and in use to ensure customer privacy and to meet corporate needs and regulatory compliance criteria, all of which may be achieved by implementing genuine confidential computing.
- You may safeguard your most sensitive data from illegal access, disclosure, or theft by implementing data protection procedures such as the GDPR.
- End-user training: Developing a culture of security knowledge in the workplace to improve endpoint protection. Users may be taught to remove suspicious email attachments, avoid utilising unrecognised USB devices, and so on.
- Unplanned occurrences, such as natural disasters, power outages, or cyber-security attacks, may be responded to with little impact if disaster recovery and business continuity planning tools and processes are used.
- IBM’s storage security Many protections are included in the FlashSystem® data resilience solution. Encryption, as well as immutable and separate copies of data, are all part of this. When a cyber assault occurs, it is easier to swiftly restore these backups since they are all kept together in the same pool.
- Manage and protect your mobile workforce by using IBM Security MaaS360 with Watson, which includes app security, container app security, and secure mobile mail.